From a basal mound of toothed leaves (similar to scabiosa’s foliage) rise 4- to 6-foot stems of tiny chrome-yellow flowers.
Noteworthy CharacteristicsAiry yellow flowers top tall stems and make this plant a good vertical accent. Long blooming.
CareCan be grown in average, well-drained soil in full sun, but prefers rich, humusy, moist soils and shade. Tolerant of hot and humid summers. May need staking.
PropagationSow seed when ripe or divide in spring.
- Genus : Patrinia
- Plant Width : 1 to 3 feet
- Plant Height : 3 to 6 feet
- Zones : 5, 6, 7, 8
- Bloom Time : Fall, Late Summer, Summer
- Moisture : Medium Moisture
- Growth Rate : Moderate
- Maintenance : Moderate
- Light : Partial Shade to Full Shade
- Plant Type : Perennials
- Plant Seasonal Interest : Summer Interest
- Flower Color : Yellow
Plant Characteristics are only available to Fine Gardening members
Sign up for a free trial and get instant access to our complete plant guide as well as our entire collection of articles and videos.