The aptly named ‘The Rocket’ is virtually indestructible if sited in damp shade. In spring, toothed green foliage unfurls to form an attractive mound. Flowering begins in midsummer when stalks packed with little buds rise up to 4 feet tall. Little golden daisies, opening from bottom to top, shoot upward like rockets to the sky.
Noteworthy CharacteristicsGrows very slowly. Has large leaves.
CareElephant’s ears like partial shade and deep, fertile, damp soil. Don't let them dry out between waterings.
PropagationDivide clumps in spring or after flowering.
Problems Slugs and snails.
- Genus : Ligularia
- Plant Height : 3 to 6 feet
- Plant Width : 3 to 6 feet
- Zones : 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
- Bloom Time : Early Fall, Early Summer, Fall, Late Summer, Summer
- Light : Full Sun to Partial Shade
- Moisture : Medium Moisture
- Plant Type : Perennials
- Uses : Shade
- Characteristics : Showy Foliage
- Growth Rate : Slow
- Plant Seasonal Interest : Summer Interest
- Flower Color : Yellow