This dwarf cultivar has mid-green leaves and densely tufted plumes atop tall, upright stalks and arching mid-green leaves. Masses of silvery yellow plumes appear in late summer.
Noteworthy CharacteristicsLeaves can have sharp edges.
CareProtect crowns of young plants in winter.
PropagationDivide in spring.
ProblemsHelminthosporium leaf spots are common.
- Genus : Cortaderia
- Zones : 10, 11, 7, 8, 9
- Plant Height : 3 to 6 feet
- Plant Width : 3 to 6 feet
- Moisture : Dry to Medium
- Light : Full Sun
- Plant Type : Grasses
- Bloom Time : Late Summer, Summer
- Maintenance : Moderate
- Characteristics : Showy Seed Heads
- Plant Seasonal Interest : Summer Interest
- Flower Color : White, Yellow
Plant Characteristics are only available to Fine Gardening members
Sign up for a free trial and get instant access to our complete plant guide as well as our entire collection of articles and videos.