This dwarf cultivar has mid-green leaves and densely tufted plumes atop tall, upright stalks and arching mid-green leaves. Masses of silvery yellow plumes appear in late summer.
Noteworthy CharacteristicsLeaves can have sharp edges.
CareProtect crowns of young plants in winter.
PropagationDivide in spring.
ProblemsHelminthosporium leaf spots are common.
- Genus : Cortaderia
- Zones : 10, 11, 7, 8, 9
- Plant Height : 3 to 6 feet
- Plant Width : 3 to 6 feet
- Moisture : Dry to Medium
- Light : Full Sun
- Plant Type : Grasses
- Bloom Time : Late Summer, Summer
- Maintenance : Moderate
- Characteristics : Showy Seed Heads
- Plant Seasonal Interest : Summer Interest
- Flower Color : White, Yellow