‘Silver Dragon’ lilyturf features thick, tufted evergreen clumps of linear silver and white leaves with a shimmering silver stripe running down the arching blades. Dense spikes of violet-mauve flowers are borne on purple-green stems in autumn, maturing to black berries.
CarePrefers light, acidic soil. Protect from strong winds. Grow in light, moist but well-drained, moderately fertile soil.
PropagationIn spring, sow seed in containers outdoors or divide plants.
ProblemsAnthracnose, leaf spot, root rot, and slugs.
- Genus : Liriope
- Plant Width : 1 to 3 feet
- Zones : 10, 6, 7, 8, 9
- Plant Height : 6 to 12 inches
- Tolerance : Deer Tolerant
- Bloom Time : Fall
- Plant Seasonal Interest : Fall Interest
- Uses : Ground Covers
- Moisture : Medium Moisture
- Light : Partial Shade to Full Shade
- Plant Type : Perennials
- Flower Color : Pink
- Characteristics : Showy Foliage
Plant Characteristics are only available to Fine Gardening members
Sign up for a free trial and get instant access to our complete plant guide as well as our entire collection of articles and videos.