This new cultivar of a treasured favorite is as cute as a button. With leaves about the size of a dime, ‘Silky Fleece’ has the same great soft, silky texture and silver color as other lambs’ ears, just in a smaller package, growing to about 10 inches tall and wide. Lilac-plum flower spikes rise above the foliage from mid- to late summer. Grow it as edging, in containers, or in rock gardens.
Noteworthy CharacteristicsSilky, silvery foliage.
CareProvide full sun and well-drained soil. Prefers cooler summer climates without a lot of humidity.
ProblemsThis plant does not like a lot of humidity or heat.
- Genus : Stachys
- Zones : 5, 6, 7, 8
- Plant Height : 6 to 12 inches
- Plant Width : 6 to 12 inches
- Uses : Containers
- Light : Full Sun
- Bloom Time : Late Summer, Summer
- Maintenance : Low
- Moisture : Medium Moisture
- Plant Type : Perennials
- Characteristics : Showy Foliage
- Foliage Color : Silver/Grey
- Plant Seasonal Interest : Summer Interest