This tall, woody-based perennial is distinguished by its elegant flowers. This cultivar displays the purity of a single, white, open-faced flower with a delicate center ring of golden yellow stamens. Every moment of floral development from bud to seed brings satisfying interest.
Noteworthy CharacteristicsContact with sap may irritate skin. Vigorous grower. Anemones are divided into three main groups. This one belongs to the larger, mostly tall species with fibrous roots, flowering late in the season.
CareProvide full sun to part shade and moist but well-drained soil. It performs best in part shade in a sheltered location.
PropagationDivide in early spring or autumn, growing on in containers for a year before planting out in spring.
ProblemsProne to nematodes; susceptible to caterpillars, slugs and flea beetles.
- Genus : Anemone
- Plant Width : 1 to 3 feet
- Plant Height : 3 to 6 feet
- Zones : 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
- Bloom Time : Fall, Late Summer, Summer
- Growth Rate : Fast, Moderate
- Light : Full Sun to Partial Shade
- Maintenance : Low
- Moisture : Medium Moisture
- Plant Type : Perennials
- Characteristics : Showy Foliage
- Plant Seasonal Interest : Summer Interest
- Flower Color : White