This beautiful, medium pink, semi-double-flowered anemone has exceptionally large blooms from mid- to late-September through October on stems 28 to 32 inches tall.
CareAnemones thrive in light to partial shade but will tolerate full sun, as long as there is sufficient moisture. Site plants in moist, humus-rich soil, but avoid overly wet conditions. Apply mulch annually in northern regions.
Propagation Divide plants in early spring or propagate by root cuttings in late fall or early spring.
Problems Japanese beetles and black blister beetles can be a problem, but neither is life-threatening. Foliar nematode damage, which is hard to recognize, will cause plants to slowly decline.
- Genus : Anemone
- Plant Height : 1 to 3 feet
- Plant Width : 1 to 3 feet
- Zones : 5, 6, 7
- Bloom Time : Early Fall, Fall, Late Summer, Summer
- Growth Rate : Fast, Moderate
- Light : Full Sun
- Maintenance : Low
- Moisture : Medium Moisture
- Plant Type : Perennials
- Flower Color : Pink
- Plant Seasonal Interest : Summer Interest