‘Sun Power’ is a clump-forming perennial with oval to heart-shaped, yellowish green leaves below funnel-shaped, pale-lavender to white flowers in midsummer.
Noteworthy CharacteristicsExcellent specimen plant for the front and center of the border.
CareGrow in moist but well-drained, fertile soil. Shade tolerant. Grows best with full morning sun. Tolerates drought, but a summer mulch is beneficial. Full sun brings out the leaf color.
PropagationDivide plants in late summer or early spring.
ProblemsSlugs, snails, viruses, foliar nematodes. In containers, watch for vine weevils.
- Genus : Hosta
- Plant Height : 1 to 3 feet
- Plant Width : 1 to 3 feet
- Zones : 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
- Tolerance : Drought Tolerant
- Moisture : Dry to Medium
- Light : Full Sun to Partial Shade
- Uses : Ground Covers
- Plant Type : Perennials
- Characteristics : Showy Foliage
- Plant Seasonal Interest : Spring Interest
- Bloom Time : Summer
- Flower Color : White