A fast grower, ‘Little Aurora’ has cupped, puckered leaves and a metallic sheen, with soft-lavender flowers from late June into early July.
Noteworthy CharacteristicsUseful in mass plantings and at the base of trees and shrubs.
CareGrow in moist but well-drained, fertile soil. Shade tolerant. Grows best with full morning sun. Tolerates drought, but a summer mulch is beneficial.
PropagationDivide plants in late summer or early spring.
ProblemsSlugs and snails. In containers, watch for vine weevil. Also viruses and foliar nematodes.
- Genus : Hosta
- Zones : 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
- Plant Height : 6 to 12 inches
- Plant Width : 6 to 12 inches
- Uses : Containers, Ground Covers
- Moisture : Dry to Medium
- Growth Rate : Fast
- Light : Full Sun to Partial Shade
- Plant Type : Perennials
- Characteristics : Showy Foliage
- Bloom Time : Summer
- Plant Seasonal Interest : Summer Interest