This tall, upright perennial has single flowers of various colors that grow along a spike. It blooms in early summer and midsummer.
CareProvide full sun and average to dry soil.
PropagationTiming to sow seeds varies if grown as annual, biennial or perennial.
ProblemsRust, leaf spots, southern blights, cutworms, slugs, mallow flea and Japanese beetles, and capsid bugs.
- Genus : Alcea
- Plant Width : 1 to 3 feet
- Zones : 4
- Plant Height : 6 to 10 feet
- Uses : Containers
- Moisture : Dry to Medium
- Bloom Time : Early Summer, Summer
- Light : Full Sun
- Growth Rate : Moderate
- Maintenance : Moderate
- Plant Type : Perennials
- Flower Color : Pink, Red, White, Yellow
- Characteristics : Self Seeds, Showy Seed Heads
- Plant Seasonal Interest : Spring Interest