Usually this plant produces nodding blue and white flowers, but color variation is common in this species.
Noteworthy CharacteristicsSeveral cultivars offer unique characteristics.
CareProvide part shade to full sun and humusy, moist but well-drained soil.
PropagationSow seed in a cold frame in spring. Can divide cultivars in spring but plants respond slowly to root disturbance.
ProblemsPowdery mildew, rust, fungal leaf spots. Aphids, leaf miners, and caterpillars.
- Genus : Aquilegia
- Plant Height : 1 to 3 feet
- Zones : 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
- Plant Width : 6 to 12 inches
- Tolerance : Drought Tolerant
- Moisture : Dry to Medium
- Bloom Time : Early Spring, Spring
- Light : Full Sun to Partial Shade
- Maintenance : Low
- Plant Type : Perennials
- Flower Color : Pink, White
- Plant Seasonal Interest : Spring Interest