This eye-catching cultivar has flower clusters that radiate out in all directions and resemble streaming yellow fireworks. Its form is truly unique and enchanting. It reliably provides end-of-season color in blazing shades of yellow. It grows to 5 feet tall and provides good structure in the garden all year.
CareGrow in lean to moderately fertile, well-drained soil in full sun; some species prefer shade. Deadhead to prevent prolific self-seeding.
PropagationDivide in spring or fall.
ProblemsSpot anthracnose, powdery mildew, rust, fungal spots.
- Genus : Solidago
- Plant Height : 3 to 6 feet
- Plant Width : 3 to 6 feet
- Zones : 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
- Tolerance : Deer Tolerant, Drought Tolerant, Frost Tolerant
- Moisture : Dry to Medium
- Bloom Time : Fall
- Growth Rate : Fast, Moderate
- Light : Full Sun to Partial Shade
- Maintenance : Low
- Plant Type : Perennials
- Characteristics : Showy Seed Heads
- Plant Seasonal Interest : Summer Interest
- Flower Color : Yellow