‘Goldrush’ heralds the coming of fall with masses of tiny, yellow flowers for four weeks in August and September. Its compact size—about a foot tall—makes it a great candidate for a rock garden or border edge.
Noteworthy CharacteristicsReliable, end-of-season color; compact size.
CareGrow in lean to moderately fertile, well-drained soil in full sun; some species prefer shade. Deadhead to prevent prolific self-seeding.
PropagationDivide in spring or fall.
ProblemsSpot anthracnose, powdery mildew, rust, fungal spots.
- Genus : Solidago
- Plant Width : 1 to 3 feet
- Zones : 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
- Plant Height : 6 to 12 inches
- Uses : Containers, Ground Covers
- Tolerance : Drought Tolerant, Frost Tolerant
- Moisture : Dry to Medium
- Bloom Time : Fall, Late Summer, Summer
- Light : Full Sun
- Maintenance : Low
- Growth Rate : Moderate
- Plant Type : Perennials
- Characteristics : Showy Seed Heads
- Plant Seasonal Interest : Summer Interest
- Flower Color : Yellow