The dense, glossy foliage of this evergreen plant is splattered with yellow. Gold-dust plant can be planted near nearby tree roots, and it responds well to pruning. Combine it with yellow-blooming or variegated plants for appealing color harmonies. -Debra Lee Baldwin, Regional Picks: Southern California, Fine Gardening issue #127
CarePlant in average, well-drained soil.
- Genus : Aucuba
- Zones : 10, 6, 7, 8, 9
- Plant Height : 6 to 10 feet
- Plant Width : 6 to 10 feet
- Uses : Containers
- Tolerance : Deer Tolerant
- Moisture : Medium Moisture
- Growth Rate : Moderate
- Light : Partial Shade to Full Shade
- Characteristics : Showy Foliage
- Plant Type : Shrubs
- Plant Seasonal Interest : Spring Interest
Plant Characteristics are only available to Fine Gardening members
Sign up for a free trial and get instant access to our complete plant guide as well as our entire collection of articles and videos.