This is a rounded, semi-evergreen shrub to 10 feet tall and 12 feet wide with glossy, dark green leaves. From midsummer to autumn, it produces fragrant, funnel-shaped white flowers that are tinged with pink.
CareProvide fertile, well-drained soil in full sun or partial shade. Most hardy of the abelias, but will probably need winter protection or careful siting in areas colder than Zone 6.
PropagationRoot tip cuttings in early spring or late summer.
ProblemsAnthracnose, leaf spots, powdery mildew, and fungal root rots may occur.
- Genus : Abelia
- Plant Width : 10 to 15 feet
- Zones : 6, 7, 8, 9
- Plant Height : 6 to 10 feet
- Moisture : Dry to Medium
- Bloom Time : Fall, Late Summer, Summer
- Characteristics : Fragrant Flowers
- Light : Full Sun to Partial Shade
- Maintenance : Low
- Flower Color : Pink, White
- Plant Type : Shrubs
- Plant Seasonal Interest : Spring Interest