This cultivar boasts single, long-tubed, brick red flowers and dark bronze-red leaves and stems.
Noteworthy CharacteristicsThis vigorous, upright shrub tolerates the heat of summer better than other fuchsias.
CareGrow in a lightly shaded site in moist but well-drained soil. It may be used as an annual in cooler climates.
PropagationSow seed in spring; root softwood cuttings in spring, and semi-ripe cuttings in late summer with bottom heat.
ProblemsSpider mites, scale, thrips, whiteflies, fuchsia gall mite, aphids, root-knot nematodes, rust, gray mold, crown gall, crown and root rots, Southern blight, Verticillium wilt.
- Genus : Fuchsia
- Plant Height : 1 to 3 feet
- Plant Width : 1 to 3 feet
- Zones : 10, 9
- Characteristics : Attracts Hummingbirds, Showy Foliage
- Uses : Containers, Ground Covers
- Bloom Time : Fall, Summer
- Light : Full Sun to Partial Shade
- Maintenance : Low
- Moisture : Medium Moisture
- Growth Rate : Moderate
- Foliage Color : Purple/Burgundy
- Plant Type : Shrubs
- Plant Seasonal Interest : Spring Interest