This basal branching cordyline combines the rugged easy-care attributes of its cordyline cousins with an unusual mix of shiny dark color, compact bushy form, short stems and cascading grass-like leaves.
Noteworthy CharacteristicsThis is a low-maintenance, high impact plant. Festival™ Burgundy makes a great container plant and can even be wintered indoors as an easy-care house plant.
CarePrefers well-drained soil in full sun or partial shade. If grown indoors, provide bright filtered or indirect light and moderate water. Remove dead leaves as required.
Problems Information provided by Anthony Tesselaar
- Genus : Cordyline
- Plant Height : 1 to 3 feet
- Zones : 10, 8, 9
- Plant Width : 3 to 6 feet
- Moisture : Adaptable
- Uses : Containers, Foundation Plantings, Front Yard, Pathways, Sun
- Tolerance : Drought Tolerant
- Bloom Time : Fall, Spring, Summer
- Plant Seasonal Interest : Fall Interest
- Characteristics : Fragrant Flowers, Showy Foliage
- Light : Full Sun to Partial Shade
- Plant Type : Grasses
- Maintenance : Low
- Growth Rate : Moderate
- Flower Color : Pink
- Foliage Color : Purple/Burgundy
Plant Characteristics are only available to Fine Gardening members
Sign up for a free trial and get instant access to our complete plant guide as well as our entire collection of articles and videos.