Belonging to the Belladonna Group hybrids, this delphinium bears loose, branched spikes of intense blue flowers with soft white edges. It may rebloom if deadheaded. The cultivar name pays homage to the resemblance of the flower color to Delft pottery.
Noteworthy CharacteristicsUniquely patterned blue and white flowers.
CareGrow in full sun and fertile, well-drained soil. Choose a sheltered site and provide support.
PropagationTake basal cuttings in early spring.
ProblemsWatch for powdery mildew in dry sites.
- Genus : Delphinium
- Plant Width : 1 to 3 feet
- Zones : 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
- Plant Height : 3 to 6 feet
- Bloom Time : Early Summer, Late Summer, Summer
- Light : Full Sun
- Moisture : Medium Moisture
- Growth Rate : Moderate
- Maintenance : Moderate
- Plant Type : Perennials
- Plant Seasonal Interest : Summer Interest