This small fern is popular and easy to grow. It’s suited to the front edge of a border. This cultivar has arching, ruffled fronds that divide into tassels at the ends.
Noteworthy CharacteristicsThe foliage on common, full-size varieties discolors in late summer, so smaller cultivars such as this one are preferred. It combines well with other ferns and, under ideal conditions, may reach 2 feet tall.
CareProvide part shade to full shade and medium moisture.
PropagationDivide in spring.
ProblemsProne to rust.
- Genus : Athyrium
- Plant Width : 1 to 3 feet
- Plant Height : 1 to 3 feet
- Zones : 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
- Maintenance : Low
- Moisture : Medium Moisture
- Light : Partial Shade to Full Shade
- Plant Type : Perennials
- Uses : Shade
- Characteristics : Showy Foliage
- Plant Seasonal Interest : Summer Interest