The disease-resistant Cora™ series of periwinkles comes in a range of flower colors—from white to lavender to burgundy—and looks great until the first fall frost.
Noteworthy CharacteristicsThis periwinkle is resistant to Phytophthora parasitica blight. C. roseus is listed as an invasive species in certain areas, including California, Hawaii, parts of the Southeastern U.S., and Texas.
CareProvide full sun and well-drained soil.
ProblemsNothing serious, but watch for slugs and snails.
- Genus : Catharanthus
- Plant Height : 1 to 3 feet
- Plant Width : 1 to 3 feet
- Zones : 11
- Plant Type : Annuals
- Uses : Containers
- Bloom Time : Early Fall, Early Summer, Late Spring, Late Summer, Summer
- Growth Rate : Fast
- Light : Full Sun
- Maintenance : Low
- Moisture : Medium Moisture
- Flower Color : Pink, White
- Plant Seasonal Interest : Spring Interest