Clematis integrifolia is no longer only blue. This selection produces progeny with pink, white, and lavender blooms from midspring until late summer. The flowers are followed by attractive seed heads in fall. It has a compact, herbaceous form and grows to just 10 to 14 inches tall.
Noteworthy CharacteristicsCompact, bushy growth habit. Attractive seed heads. Flowers can be blue, pink, white, or lavender.
CareGrow in full sun to partial shade and well-drained, loamy soil.
- Genus : Clematis
- Zones : 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
- Plant Height : 6 to 12 inches
- Plant Width : 6 to 12 inches
- Uses : Containers
- Moisture : Dry to Medium
- Bloom Time : Early Summer, Late Spring, Late Summer, Spring, Summer
- Light : Full Sun to Partial Shade
- Maintenance : Low
- Plant Type : Perennials
- Flower Color : Pink, White
- Characteristics : Showy Seed Heads
- Plant Seasonal Interest : Spring Interest
Plant Characteristics are only available to Fine Gardening members
Sign up for a free trial and get instant access to our complete plant guide as well as our entire collection of articles and videos.