This small tree boasts an upright, spreading form and finely dissected gray-green foliage. Its spiky lilac-blue flowers appear from June through September; bloom can be prolonged by deadheading. Chaste tree can grow to 20 feet in southern climates, but in colder areas only 8 to 10 feet.
CareProvide moist, loose, well-drained soil in full sun. This tree adapts to most types of soil with good drainage.
PropagationTake semi-ripe cuttings in summer.
ProblemsLeaf spot, root rot, and scale insects.
- Genus : Vitex
- Plant Height : 15 to 30 feet
- Plant Width : 15 to 30 feet
- Zones : 6, 7, 8, 9
- Bloom Time : Early Summer, Late Summer, Summer
- Growth Rate : Fast
- Light : Full Sun
- Maintenance : Low
- Moisture : Medium Moisture
- Characteristics : Showy Foliage, Showy Fruit
- Plant Seasonal Interest : Summer Interest
- Plant Type : Trees