This hybrid has a compact, mounding habit, with silvery-blue foliage and fluorescent pink toothed flowers, which continue blooming with deadheading.
Noteworthy CharacteristicsVibrant pink flowers with a spicy clove fragrance.
CareSite in full sun and well-drained soil. Best mulched with stone chips, sand, or gravel to avoid fungal diseases.
PropagationTake cuttings in summer.
ProblemsCrown rot, rust, slugs, sow bugs, grasshoppers, chipmunks, squirrels, deer. Indoors, watch for aphids and spider mites.
- Genus : Dianthus
- Plant Width : 1 to 3 feet
- Zones : 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
- Plant Height : 6 to 12 inches
- Uses : Containers
- Tolerance : Drought Tolerant
- Moisture : Dry to Medium
- Bloom Time : Early Summer, Late Summer, Summer
- Characteristics : Fragrant Flowers, Showy Foliage
- Light : Full Sun
- Growth Rate : Moderate
- Maintenance : Moderate
- Plant Type : Perennials
- Plant Seasonal Interest : Spring Interest