This hybrid has a compact, mounding habit, with silvery-blue foliage and fluorescent pink toothed flowers, which continue blooming with deadheading.
Noteworthy CharacteristicsVibrant pink flowers with a spicy clove fragrance.
CareSite in full sun and well-drained soil. Best mulched with stone chips, sand, or gravel to avoid fungal diseases.
PropagationTake cuttings in summer.
ProblemsCrown rot, rust, slugs, sow bugs, grasshoppers, chipmunks, squirrels, deer. Indoors, watch for aphids and spider mites.
- Genus : Dianthus
- Plant Width : 1 to 3 feet
- Zones : 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
- Plant Height : 6 to 12 inches
- Uses : Containers
- Tolerance : Drought Tolerant
- Moisture : Dry to Medium
- Bloom Time : Early Summer, Late Summer, Summer
- Characteristics : Fragrant Flowers, Showy Foliage
- Light : Full Sun
- Growth Rate : Moderate
- Maintenance : Moderate
- Plant Type : Perennials
- Plant Seasonal Interest : Spring Interest
Plant Characteristics are only available to Fine Gardening members
Sign up for a free trial and get instant access to our complete plant guide as well as our entire collection of articles and videos.