This 2- to 3-foot-tall bellflower bears single or double flowers in white, blue, or pink.
Noteworthy CharacteristicsBiennial, flowers in second year.
CareMay need support. Grow in fertile, moist but well-drained soil that has a neutral to alkaline pH. Site in full sun or partial shade and cut back after flowering.
PropagationSow seed in containers in a cold frame in spring. Divide in spring or autumn. Take basal cuttings in spring.
ProblemsSlugs, snails, vine weevils, spider mites and aphids. Powdery mildew, rust, Septoria and Ramularia leaf spot, and Southern blight.
- Genus : Campanula
- Plant Height : 1 to 3 feet
- Plant Width : 1 to 3 feet
- Zones : 5, 6, 7, 8
- Light : Full Sun to Partial Shade
- Moisture : Medium Moisture
- Maintenance : Moderate
- Plant Type : Perennials
- Flower Color : Pink, White
- Growth Rate : Slow
- Bloom Time : Spring, Summer
- Plant Seasonal Interest : Spring Interest