A stunning, native dune grass, ‘Dewey Blue’ is perfect for coastal areas as well as inland gardens. Heat, drought, and humidity won’t faze its noticeably graceful habit. This grass has exceptional blue foliage and a vigorous constitution. Airy, light beige flowers emerge in late summer and fall, persisting well into winter for a long season of interest. ‘Dewey Blue’ grows 4 to 5 feet tall and almost as wide.
Noteworthy CharacteristicsAttractive powder blue foliage in a fountain-like form distinguishes this U.S. native beach grass.
CareProvide full sun and well-drained soil.
- Genus : Panicum
- Zones : 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
- Plant Height : 3 to 6 feet
- Plant Width : 3 to 6 feet
- Tolerance : Drought Tolerant
- Bloom Time : Early Fall, Late Summer
- Light : Full Sun
- Plant Type : Grasses
- Maintenance : Low
- Moisture : Medium Moisture
- Foliage Color : Purple/Burgundy
- Characteristics : Showy Foliage
- Plant Seasonal Interest : Summer Interest
- Flower Color : White
Plant Characteristics are only available to Fine Gardening members
Sign up for a free trial and get instant access to our complete plant guide as well as our entire collection of articles and videos.