This showstopper produces conspicuous, red-purple leaf sheaths with dense, purple domed flowerheads.
Noteworthy CharacteristicsHighly attractive to bees. A biennal or short-lived perennial.
CareProvide full sun to part shade and dry to medium soil.
PropagationSow seed in containers when ripe and transplant when small, as mature plants resent disturbance.
ProblemsPowdery mildew, leaf spot. Aphids, snails slugs, leaf miners.
- Genus : Angelica
- Plant Height : 3 to 6 feet
- Plant Width : 3 to 6 feet
- Zones : 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
- Moisture : Dry to Medium
- Bloom Time : Early Fall, Fall, Late Summer, Summer
- Light : Full Sun to Partial Shade
- Maintenance : Low
- Plant Type : Perennials
- Characteristics : Showy Seed Heads
- Plant Seasonal Interest : Summer Interest