Angelica is a striking ornamental biennial or short-lived perennial with jade green, glossy, bold leaves and large umbels of white flowers. It makes a unique statement in the garden.
Noteworthy CharacteristicsSelf-sows. Strong architectural presence.
CareFull sun or part shade and medium moisture.
PropagationSow seed in containers in a cold frame as soon as ripe. Do not cover seed. Transplant when small (older plants resent disturbance).
ProblemsPowdery mildew, leaf spots, aphids, snails, slugs, carrot rust fly larvae, and leaf miners.
- Genus : Angelica
- Plant Width : 1 to 3 feet
- Zones : 10, 11, 7, 8, 9
- Plant Height : 3 to 6 feet
- Tolerance : Frost Tolerant
- Light : Full Sun to Partial Shade
- Flower Color : Green, White
- Moisture : Medium Moisture
- Growth Rate : Moderate
- Maintenance : Moderate
- Plant Type : Perennials
- Characteristics : Self Seeds, Showy Foliage
- Bloom Time : Summer
- Plant Seasonal Interest : Summer Interest
Plant Characteristics are only available to Fine Gardening members
Sign up for a free trial and get instant access to our complete plant guide as well as our entire collection of articles and videos.