About a third the size of the more well known A. mollis , A. alpina has delicate leaves edged in brilliant silver.
Noteworthy CharacteristicsSelf seeds, but not excessively so.
CareGrow in full sun to part shade and average, alkaline soil. Cut back in early spring to clean up. Can be cut back after flowering to encourage second flush of flowers.
PropagationSow seeds in containers in spring. Divide spring or autumn.
ProblemsSlugs and snails may damage leaves.
- Genus : Alchemilla
- Zones : 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
- Plant Height : 6 to 12 inches
- Plant Width : 6 to 12 inches
- Bloom Time : Early Summer, Late Spring, Spring, Summer
- Light : Full Sun to Partial Shade
- Maintenance : Low
- Moisture : Medium Moisture
- Plant Type : Perennials
- Plant Seasonal Interest : Spring Interest
- Flower Color : Yellow
Plant Characteristics are only available to Fine Gardening members
Sign up for a free trial and get instant access to our complete plant guide as well as our entire collection of articles and videos.