This plant has lobed, densely hairy, chartreuse foliage that is crimped at the edges. Soft, frothy, yellow-green foliage hovers above the plant from early summer through autumn.
Noteworthy CharacteristicsThe soft leaves form depressions which capture morning dew or rain.
CareProvide full sun to part shade and average moisture. Cut back hard after flowers brown to produce a second flush of growth and blooms.
PropagationSow seed in containers in spring. Divide in early spring or autumn.
ProblemsSlugs and snails may damage foliage
- Genus : Alchemilla
- Plant Height : 1 to 3 feet
- Plant Width : 1 to 3 feet
- Zones : 4, 5, 6, 7
- Bloom Time : Fall, Summer
- Light : Full Sun to Partial Shade
- Flower Color : Green, Yellow
- Uses : Ground Covers
- Moisture : Medium Moisture
- Maintenance : Moderate
- Growth Rate : Moderate
- Plant Type : Perennials
- Characteristics : Self Seeds, Showy Foliage
- Plant Seasonal Interest : Spring Interest