This large, single-flowered, pinkish-purple anemone blooms from August to October on stems 24 to 34 inches tall.
CareAnemones thrive in light to partial shade but will tolerate full sun, as long as there is sufficient moisture. Site plants in moist, humus-rich soil, but avoid overly wet conditions. Apply mulch annually in northern regions.
Propagation Divide plants in early spring or propagate by root cuttings in late fall or early spring.
Problems Japanese beetles or black blister beetles can be a problem, but neither is life-threatening. Foliar nematode damage, which is hard to recognize, will cause plants to slowly decline.
- Genus : Anemone
- Plant Height : 1 to 3 feet
- Plant Width : 1 to 3 feet
- Zones : 5, 6, 7
- Bloom Time : Early Fall, Fall, Late Summer, Summer
- Plant Seasonal Interest : Fall Interest
- Growth Rate : Fast, Moderate
- Light : Full Sun
- Maintenance : Low
- Moisture : Medium Moisture
- Plant Type : Perennials
- Flower Color : Pink