In addition to willow blue-star’s small but charming clusters of blue flowers in late spring, it has upright, willow-like leaves that turn clear yellow in fall.
Noteworthy CharacteristicsWill grow to 3 feet in a moist bed and only 2 feet in a sunnier dry bed.
CareGrow in full sun to light shade and average soil. Moister soil will result in a taller plant, but this Amsonia can take drier soil as well.
PropagationSow seeds in containers in spring or autumn. Divide in spring. Root softwood cuttings in early summer.
- Genus : Amsonia
- Plant Height : 1 to 3 feet
- Plant Width : 1 to 3 feet
- Zones : 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
- Moisture : Dry to Medium
- Bloom Time : Early Spring, Spring
- Light : Full Sun to Partial Shade
- Maintenance : Low
- Plant Type : Perennials
- Plant Seasonal Interest : Spring Interest
- Flower Color : White