This compact plant produces abundant blue, tubular, two-lipped flowers from planting time until frost. It is excellent in containers and as bedding.
Noteworthy CharacteristicsTolerant of heat and humidity. Low maintenance. Shade tolerant.
CareProvide part to full shade and moist but well-drained soil.
PropagationSow seed at 64°F in mid-spring.
ProblemsRoot rot, gray mold, powdery mildew.
- Genus : Torenia
- Zones : 10, 11
- Plant Width : 6 to 12 inches
- Characteristics : Attracts Hummingbirds
- Uses : Containers
- Bloom Time : Early Fall, Early Summer, Late Summer, Summer
- Maintenance : Low
- Moisture : Medium Moisture
- Light : Partial Shade to Full Shade
- Plant Type : Perennials
- Plant Seasonal Interest : Summer Interest
- Plant Height : Under 6 inches
Plant Characteristics are only available to Fine Gardening members
Sign up for a free trial and get instant access to our complete plant guide as well as our entire collection of articles and videos.