Lamium is a genus with many cultivars that are outstanding foliage plants for the shade, most notably ‘White Nancy’. This evergreen ground cover’s beautiful, 1- to 2-inch-wide leaves are silvery white with green edges and have a quilted appearance. Clusters of white flowers appear from spring through summer.
CareMoist, well-drained soil.
PropagationBy division or stem cuttings.
- Genus : Lamium
- Plant Width : 1 to 3 feet
- Zones : 5, 6, 7, 8
- Plant Height : 6 to 12 inches
- Uses : Containers, Ground Covers, Shade
- Bloom Time : Early Summer, Late Spring, Spring, Summer
- Growth Rate : Fast
- Maintenance : Low
- Moisture : Medium Moisture
- Light : Partial Shade to Full Shade
- Plant Type : Perennials
- Characteristics : Showy Foliage
- Foliage Color : Silver/Grey
- Plant Seasonal Interest : Spring Interest
- Flower Color : White
Plant Characteristics are only available to Fine Gardening members
Sign up for a free trial and get instant access to our complete plant guide as well as our entire collection of articles and videos.