This erect and bushy deutzia has masses of fragrant white flowers in upright clusters for weeks in spring and early summer.
CareGrow in moderately fertile, moist soil. Prefers full sun. Periodic thinning of branches will maintain the arching form.
PropagationSow seed in a cold frame in fall. Take softwood cuttings in summer, and hardwood cuttings in fall.
ProblemsFungal leaf spots.
- Genus : Deutzia
- Plant Height : 1 to 3 feet
- Plant Width : 1 to 3 feet
- Zones : 5, 6, 7, 8
- Bloom Time : Early Summer, Spring, Summer
- Characteristics : Fragrant Flowers
- Light : Full Sun to Partial Shade
- Maintenance : Low
- Moisture : Medium Moisture
- Growth Rate : Moderate
- Plant Type : Shrubs
- Plant Seasonal Interest : Spring Interest
- Flower Color : White