This species creates tropical drama with its large, toothed leaves and ivory-green, footlong flowers. It exhibits reddish-bronze color in autumn.
Noteworthy CharacteristicsThe stature of Rodgersias adds drama and definition to gardens in full sun and partial shade. The leaves are strongly textured and may be tinged bronze; they pair well with finely-textured plants. They are at home by water, in a woodland, or in other moist garden sites.
CareGrow in humus-rich, moist soil in partial shade to full sun.
PropagationDivide in early spring. Sow seed in a cold frame in spring.
- Genus : Rodgersia
- Plant Height : 3 to 6 feet
- Plant Width : 3 to 6 feet
- Zones : 5, 6, 7, 8
- Tolerance : Frost Tolerant
- Light : Full Sun to Partial Shade
- Flower Color : Green, White
- Uses : Ground Covers
- Maintenance : Low
- Moisture : Medium to Wet
- Growth Rate : Moderate
- Plant Type : Perennials
- Characteristics : Showy Foliage
- Plant Seasonal Interest : Spring Interest
- Bloom Time : Summer