Actaea rubra bears white flowers from spring to early summer on plants up to 2 feet tall and 1 foot wide. In late summer, glossy red berries develop. A few cultivars exist. This woodland perennial is native to the U.S.
CareProvide moist, fertile soil with lots of organic matter in part to full shade.
PropagationDivide in spring or sow seeds in fall.
ProblemsRust and leaf-feeding insects may be problems.
- Genus : Actaea
- Plant Height : 1 to 3 feet
- Zones : 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
- Plant Width : 6 to 12 inches
- Bloom Time : Early Summer, Late Spring, Spring, Summer
- Moisture : Medium Moisture
- Light : Partial Shade to Full Shade
- Plant Type : Perennials
- Characteristics : Showy Fruit
- Plant Seasonal Interest : Spring Interest
- Flower Color : White