This chocolate-leaved cultivar up to 4 feet tall and 2 feet wide bears compact spikes of white flowers in late summer. This plant may languish in very warm temperatures. The flowers remain ornamental for three to four weeks.
CareProvide moist, fertile soil rich in organic matter in partial shade.
PropagationSow seed in containers in autumn. Divide plants in early spring.
ProblemsLeaf spot, leaf smut.
- Genus : Actaea
- Plant Width : 1 to 3 feet
- Plant Height : 3 to 6 feet
- Zones : 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
- Bloom Time : Late Summer, Summer
- Moisture : Medium Moisture
- Light : Partial Shade
- Plant Type : Perennials
- Foliage Color : Purple/Burgundy
- Characteristics : Showy Foliage
- Plant Seasonal Interest : Spring Interest
- Flower Color : White