The heart-shaped leaves of this perennial may stretch to 12 inches across. In mid- to late summer, showy white flower umbels add to this plant’s drama.
CareCommonly listed for needing moist soil, but will do fine in drier soil if mulched or shaded.
PropagationSurface sow or only just cover the seed and do not allow the compost to dry out. Prick out the seedlings into individual pots when they are large enough to handle and grow them on in light shade until they are large enough to plant out. Divide in spring.
ProblemsMay become invasive.
- Genus : Cacalia
- Plant Height : 3 to 6 feet
- Plant Width : 3 to 6 feet
- Zones : 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
- Growth Rate : Fast
- Light : Full Sun to Partial Shade
- Bloom Time : Late Summer, Summer
- Maintenance : Low
- Moisture : Medium Moisture
- Plant Type : Perennials
- Plant Seasonal Interest : Spring Interest
- Flower Color : White