This low-mounding perennial has lobed, silver-edged foliage and small yellow flowerheads in autumn.
Noteworthy CharacteristicsIt needs a long season to flower, but can be used solely for its foliage display, and is often grown in containers.
CareGrow in full sun and medium to dry, well-drained soil. It won't tolerate poor winter drainage.
PropagationSow seed in container in spring, divide runners in spring, or take basal root cuttings in spring or summer.
- Genus : Ajania
- Plant Width : 1 to 3 feet
- Zones : 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
- Plant Height : 6 to 12 inches
- Uses : Containers
- Moisture : Dry to Medium
- Bloom Time : Early Fall, Fall
- Light : Full Sun
- Maintenance : Low
- Plant Type : Perennials
- Characteristics : Showy Foliage
- Plant Seasonal Interest : Spring Interest
- Flower Color : Yellow