Goldenstar is a creeping groundcover with long, reddish-green leaf stalks and opposite, heart-shaped, hairy mid-green leaves. From early spring to summer, it bears solitary, star-shaped yellow flowerheads with 5 large, triangular ray florets.
Noteworthy CharacteristicsEvergreen in mild winters.
CareGrow in moist but well-drained, humus-rich soil. Best grown in dappled shade, such as along woodland edges, but will adapt to sunnier spots if watered during periods of drought.
PropagationPlant divisions or rooted stem cuttings in the spring.
- Genus : Chrysogonum
- Plant Width : 1 to 3 feet
- Zones : 5, 6, 7, 8
- Plant Height : 6 to 12 inches
- Moisture : Dry to Medium
- Bloom Time : Early Spring, Early Summer, Late Spring, Spring, Summer
- Light : Full Sun to Partial Shade
- Uses : Ground Covers
- Maintenance : Low
- Plant Type : Perennials
- Plant Seasonal Interest : Spring Interest
- Flower Color : Yellow