Prized largely for its foliage, this spreading evergreen perennial is grown as an annual or under glass.
Noteworthy CharacteristicsEvergreen, aromatic foliage. Tubular, lipped flowers in lilac-pink, mauve, or white.
CareModerately fertile, well-drained soil in dappled shade. Indoors, grow in full light with shade from hot sun.
PropagationDivide in spring or take stem-tip cuttings anytime. To start from seed, sow when ripe at 66° to 75°F.
ProblemsOccasionally, spider mites, mealybugs, leaf spots, and root rot will occur.
- Genus : Plectranthus
- Zones : 10, 11
- Plant Width : 3 to 6 feet
- Plant Height : 6 to 12 inches
- Moisture : Adaptable
- Uses : Containers, Ground Covers
- Growth Rate : Fast
- Characteristics : Fragrant Foliage, Showy Foliage
- Light : Full Sun to Partial Shade
- Maintenance : Low
- Plant Type : Perennials
- Bloom Time : Summer
- Plant Seasonal Interest : Summer Interest
- Flower Color : White