‘Little Red’ is a dwarf selection of oleander, which is a large evergreen shrub. Its flowers are deep red and bloom all summer long. This plant is tough and drought-tolerant.
Noteworthy CharacteristicsAll parts are highly toxic if ingested.
CareGrows best in full sun to partial shade and likes moist, well-drained soil.
Propagation From semi-ripe cuttings in summer.
Problems Scale insects, spider mites, caterpillars, aphids, bacterial knot (gall), and dieback
- Genus : Nerium
- Zones : 10, 11, 8, 9
- Plant Height : 3 to 6 feet
- Plant Width : 3 to 6 feet
- Tolerance : Drought Tolerant
- Moisture : Dry to Medium
- Bloom Time : Early Fall, Fall, Late Summer, Summer
- Plant Seasonal Interest : Fall Interest
- Light : Full Sun to Partial Shade
- Maintenance : Low
- Plant Type : Perennials
- Flower Color : Red
Plant Characteristics are only available to Fine Gardening members
Sign up for a free trial and get instant access to our complete plant guide as well as our entire collection of articles and videos.