This fine-textured, mound-forming shrub has gray foliage and yellow, button-like flowerheads formed by tubular flowers appearing in summer.
Noteworthy CharacteristicsSantolina looks great in Mediterranean gardens and as edging.
CareGrow in sandy or loamy soil with good drainage, and full sun. Santolina may need to be cut back severely every year or it becomes long and woody.
PropagationRoot semi-ripe cuttings in late summer.
- Genus : Santolina
- Plant Height : 1 to 3 feet
- Plant Width : 1 to 3 feet
- Zones : 6, 7, 8, 9
- Tolerance : Deer Tolerant
- Moisture : Dry to Medium
- Characteristics : Fragrant Foliage
- Light : Full Sun
- Plant Type : Shrubs
- Foliage Color : Silver/Grey
- Bloom Time : Summer
- Plant Seasonal Interest : Summer Interest
- Flower Color : Yellow