This golden-leaved version of the southern paper mulberry can be treated as a cutback shrub to control size and for best production of brilliant golden yellow, large, lobed leaves. Or it can be allowed to grow into a small- to medium-sized tree. It’s a most desirable garden plant and looks fabulous with deep blue salvias.
Noteworthy CharacteristicsGolden, lobed leaves.
CareGrow in full sun to light shade and well-drained soil.
- Genus : Broussonetia
- Plant Height : 15 to 30 feet
- Plant Width : 15 to 30 feet
- Zones : 6, 7, 8, 9
- Light : Full Sun to Partial Shade
- Moisture : Medium Moisture
- Maintenance : Moderate
- Foliage Color : Purple/Burgundy
- Characteristics : Showy Foliage
- Plant Type : Shrubs
- Bloom Time : Spring
- Plant Seasonal Interest : Spring Interest