Golden oregano is a robust creeper with tiny, rounded leaves 1/2 to 1 inch wide. Small, pink or lavender to purple flowers stand out above the foliage in early to late summer.
Noteworthy CharacteristicsHolds its golden hue best in colder weather. Useful culinary herb. Spreads less vigorously than the species.
CareNeeds good drainage. Grow in poor to moderately fertile soil.
PropagationDivide in spring or take basal cuttings in late spring.
ProblemsRoot and stem rots. Aphids and spider mites.
- Genus : Origanum
- Plant Height : 1 to 3 feet
- Zones : 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
- Plant Width : 6 to 12 inches
- Uses : Containers
- Moisture : Dry to Medium
- Characteristics : Fragrant Foliage, Showy Foliage
- Light : Full Sun
- Plant Type : Herbs
- Flower Color : Pink
- Foliage Color : Purple/Burgundy
- Plant Seasonal Interest : Spring Interest
- Bloom Time : Summer