The giant snowdrop has larger flowers and broader leaves than the more common G. nivalis , but grows to the same 4 inches tall and wide. Its white, nodding blooms appear in late winter, signalling spring around the corner.
CarePlant in fall at a depth of 3 times the height of the bulb. Provide full sun to partial shade and moist, well-drained soil in USDA Hardiness Zones 3 to 9.
Propagation Lift and divide just after flowering. Replant and allow leaves to die back naturally.
Problems No serious problems.
- Genus : Galanthus
- Zones : 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
- Plant Type : Bulbs
- Bloom Time : Early Spring, Spring, Winter
- Tolerance : Frost Tolerant
- Light : Full Sun
- Maintenance : Low
- Moisture : Medium Moisture
- Growth Rate : Moderate
- Plant Seasonal Interest : Spring Interest
- Plant Height : Under 6 inches
- Plant Width : Under 6 inches
- Flower Color : White