Narcissus ‘Rijnveld’s Early Sensation’ is a classic yellow trumpet-type daffodil and one of the earliest blooming. It can tolerate cold, snowy weather and has a long blooming period. ‘Rijnveld’s Early Sensation’ combines nicely with early crocuses and dwarf irises.
Noteworthy CharacteristicsHardy, early bloomer
CareFull sun or light, dappled shade. Cut back foliage only after it yellows and withers.
PropagationSeparate bulbs and replant in early summer (when leaves fade) or early autumn (before new roots are produced).
ProblemsLarge narcissus bulb fly, bulb scale mite, narcissus nematode, slugs, narcissus basal rot, and other fungal infections and viruses
- Genus : Narcissus
- Plant Height : 1 to 3 feet
- Zones : 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
- Plant Width : 6 to 12 inches
- Plant Type : Bulbs
- Uses : Containers
- Tolerance : Deer Tolerant, Frost Tolerant
- Bloom Time : Early Spring, Spring, Winter
- Light : Full Sun to Partial Shade
- Moisture : Medium Moisture
- Growth Rate : Moderate
- Maintenance : Moderate
- Plant Seasonal Interest : Spring Interest
- Flower Color : Yellow