Friendship plant, a native of Central and South America, is easily propagated and given to friends—hence the common name. It has richly textured, bronzy leaves and makes a nice addition to containers, where it can be appreciated up close. The flowers are not particularly noteworthy.
CareProvide partial shade, moderate moisture, and plenty of humidity. Stems are fragile, so choose a sheltered location.
PropagationThis plant is easily propagated from stem cuttings.
ProblemsNothing serious, but aphids and mealybugs may occur.
- Zones : 11
- Plant Height : 6 to 12 inches
- Plant Width : 6 to 12 inches
- Uses : Containers
- Flower Color : Green, Pink
- Maintenance : Low
- Moisture : Medium Moisture
- Light : Partial Shade
- Plant Type : Perennials
- Foliage Color : Purple/Burgundy
- Characteristics : Showy Foliage
- Bloom Time : Summer
- Plant Seasonal Interest : Summer Interest