Dwarf white-stripe has 5-inch-long, upward-pointing green leaves strongly variegated with white. It grows up to 3 feet tall in either sun or shade, forming a striking contrast to less flamboyant neighbors.
Noteworthy CharacteristicsStrong visual interest. Easily grown. Good for underplanting large shrubs such as rhododendrons.
CareGrows in sun or shade, although variegation is best in sun. Fertile, moist but well-drained soil. May need restraint.
PropagationBy root division from mature plants. Keep as many roots and as much soil as possible.
- Genus : Pleioblastus
- Plant Height : 1 to 3 feet
- Zones : 10, 11, 6, 7, 8, 9
- Plant Width : 3 to 6 feet
- Growth Rate : Fast
- Light : Full Sun
- Plant Type : Grasses
- Uses : Ground Covers
- Moisture : Medium Moisture
- Maintenance : Moderate
- Characteristics : Showy Foliage
- Plant Seasonal Interest : Spring Interest