This rounded shrub has leaves with white margins, and pale pink star-shaped flowers that bloom in the spring, fall, and sometimes in between. The blossoms release an intoxicating fragrance.
Noteworthy CharacteristicsSoft pink flowers with strong fragrance. Sap may irritate skin; all plant parts are toxic if ingested.
CareSite in a permanent location in sun or part shade and organically rich, well-drained soil that does not dry out. Mulch to keep roots cool.
PropagationTake softwood cuttings in early summer and hardwood cuttings in late summer.
ProblemsAphids, scale insects, fasciation, Southern blight, tobacco ringspot virus, Verticillium wilt, rots, and Botrytis twig blight are all common.
- Genus : Daphne
- Plant Height : 3 to 6 feet
- Plant Width : 3 to 6 feet
- Zones : 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
- Bloom Time : Fall, Late Spring, Spring
- Characteristics : Fragrant Flowers, Showy Foliage
- Light : Full Sun to Partial Shade
- Maintenance : Low
- Moisture : Medium Moisture
- Growth Rate : Moderate
- Flower Color : Pink
- Plant Type : Shrubs
- Plant Seasonal Interest : Spring Interest